I have mixed emotions about doing this blog post. I haven't written anything since September. I thought that had to be wrong when I checked but nope...it's right. Nothing since September. I've been busy and writing just hasn't been a priority. New Years resolution for 2017 - write more? We'll see.
The majority of my blog posts this year had to do with Roy and the struggle with Menieres disease. We tried migraine treatments to see if they would work but they didn't. Roy actually got worse and the decision was made that he should take leave from work to focus on getting healthy. His weight plummeted to the low 140s and given that he's taller than me and I struggle to hit 140 through diet and exercise....yeah, I was worried. We went back to see the specialist in Summerside and he suggested the ear injections again. Roy asked if we could try doing something different because the needle injections were just too painful. The specialist thought about it then said "Well, how about I put a tube in and you self administer drops at home?" We figured we had nothing to lose and it meant no needle in the ear so why not? That treatment was done the first week in November. That weekend I went to Truro for POUND training and poor Roy had an attack on the way over but was thankfully okay once he rested for the night. Since then he's been doing a lot better. There have been minor vertigo spells here and there but nothing at all like before. I don't know if it's being home or the tube or a combination of both of these things but I feel like we found a working prescription, finally. We couldn't ask for a better gift for Christmas - in fact it's ALL we want and need and we are extremely thankful! We went from having poor Roy in bed almost every 2nd day and missing out on family activities to now we're back to having our lives again. Don't take the little things for granted folks. Just being able to sit and talk and do things as a family - it's not a small thing. I'm extremely grateful.
Having shared that happy news - I've also managed to gain a solid 10 to 15 lbs in the process lol. The blog is about fitness and health so it's time to give myself a gentle nudge with being back on track. :) Roy had some weight to gain so yeah...I fully enjoyed eating and binge watching Downton Abby on Netflix instead of working out but now it's time to get some healthy habits established. It's easy to form "bad" habits so now I'm seeking balance with my eating and my workouts. I used the break time over the holidays to get back to working out in my basement gym. Slowly getting my 10k steps a day. I've also been doing a full body weight training circuit I designed myself. I'll continue with this in the new year and reach my goals at a healthy pace.
2016 - you were a rough year and I could write a lot of stuff I didn't like about you but instead I'm going to say the things I'm thankful and grateful for.
- You blessed my brother and Jenny with their first child Walter making me an aunt again 2 days after my birthday <3
- We got to enjoy some amazing camping trips and I learned that I CAN set the camper up all by myself when the going gets tough (I hope I don't have to do it alone again in 2017 though LOL)
- Roy and I still have our jobs and the people we work with have been amazingly supportive throughout the entire process.
- I became a POUND Pro with Angie!
- I started teaching again at the new AFE in Montague :)
- I became a Children's Fitness Coach through CanFitPro
- I won chocolate bar bingo while camping twice (should this really be a highlight?) ;-)
- We survived the terrible 2's and are making our way through the trying 3's??? :-)
- My bestie Jessie came home for a visit this summer and we got to spend some quality time together!
- The kids and I completed the Color Run together!
- We had a wonderful Christmas with family and Roy was healthy the entire time!
- Roy is feeling like his old self again and gaining weight back into a healthy range.
I'm sure the list could be longer but I want to get this posted soon before I get back to more family activities this evening. I'll do my best to write and update the blog more often. Now that things are hopefully getting back to normal we should be able to settle into new routines and get things going again.
I wish health and happiness to everyone in 2017. :-)