I was too tired to do a blog post the last two nights so I apologize if anyone was looking for it and didn't find it.
We made it safely to Summerside at around 1pm on Monday and got called into Dr. Campos' office about 1:35. He examined Roy's ear and found the holes from the previous injections healed but he felt he wouldn't need to make a new incision or freeze the ear because going through the scab should be painless. Well it unfortunately wasn't and poor Roy said it hurt pretty bad and asked for freezing. Dr. Campos froze it quickly but even that it hurt. I can only imagine how tender the ear drum is after being stuck with 4 needles. Anyhow, we got the injection done then waited the standard 15 minutes to make sure all was fine and had a brief chat about the upcoming appointment with the neurologist. The MRI results and Roy's history have all been faxed over to Dr. Harper so all we have to do is show up on Thursday. Dr. Campos wants to see Roy again on Tuesday next week at 8:15am to do a 5th injection.
Since Roy received this diagnosis back in December we've joined numerous support groups on Facebook trying to learn as much as we can. We found a few people mentioned getting a tube put in and that they administer their own drops on a daily basis. We asked if this was an option but Dr. Campos said unfortunately it's not because the medication wouldn't be as concentrated. Roy's ear is bothering him a lot right now pain wise so he wants to ask if a tube can be used to administer the injections otherwise he wants to stop those treatments completely. "The injections are worse than the pain of the episode."
Roy rested the entire way home in the van and started feeling violently dizzy once we got in the driveway. I guess my previous post about the room no longer spinning didn't last long because Roy said this morning that this was one of the worst episodes in a while. I'm glad we're going to the neurologist tomorrow so we can hopefully figure out what's going on. Please send some positive vibes our way for some answers tomorrow.
I'll post an update tomorrow night if we're not back too late.