I originally shared this recipe on June 19th after finding it through Donloree over at Bikini or Bust. I have been making these protein brownies faithfully for snacks for the last two months. As a result, I have managed to perfect the recipe. Without further delay - I give you the updated Black Bean Protein Brownie recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 cup egg beater egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 15 oz of black beans (1 19oz can rinsed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 tsp instant coffee grounds (if you like)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add egg whites and protein powder to blender. Blend slowly.
- Add vanilla while continuing to blend on a slow speed.
- Add remaining dry ingredients (one at a time) EXCEPT the beans (save these for last). Continue to blend at a slow speed.
- Once the ingredients have been blended - add the rinsed beans and blend for 2-3 minutes at a higher speed. The batter should have the texture of cake batter.
- Lightly spray brownie pan (I used olive oil)
- Pour brownie mixture into brownie pan and cook for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick test comes out dry.
Above recipe makes 6 servings
Protein: 13 g
Carb: 16 g
Fat: 6 g