A big thank you to Kori for e-mailing this recipe to me! These protein bars are so good I would pick eating them over a chocolate brownie from the bakery. Delicious! I only eat 1 a day though because they do add up. The Belgian chocolate protein powder definitely makes this recipe. Love it!
- Cooking oil spray
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ¼ cup Eggbeaters
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- ½ cup Splenda granulated
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8″ pan with cooking oil spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine oats and milk; cook for 60 seconds. Stir and allow to cool; mix in egg whites and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whey protein, Splenda, flaxseed, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Add oatmeal mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until everything is moist. Spread batter in pan.
- Place peanut butter in microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds or until melted. Spoon peanut butter over batter in pan and swirl with knife tip.
- Bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool completely before cutting into 6 bars. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer or refrigerator. Unwrap and microwave 30 seconds to warm.
Protein: 12 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Carbs: 14.5 grams