Today’s recipe comes courtesy of Erin Lee! I stumbled across this recipe while I was reading her blog! They are Protein Oatmeal cookies and they are so yummy! Very easy to make and quite balanced in terms of their macronutrients. Check it out.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese, whipped
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp oat flour (or flour of choice – I used almond for mine)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oats
Optional: walnuts, dried cranberries, chocolate chips or chunks (I didn’t use any for mine)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place egg whites in beater bowl. Beat well.
- Add pumpkin puree, coconut oil and cottage cheese.
- Beat well till incorporated.
- Add protein powder. Beat well for 1-2 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix oat flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add to wet ingredients along with vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in oats by hand till well mixed.
- Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet lined with Reynolds non-stick foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes.
Yields 12 cookies
These cookies turned out delicious!! Make them – you won’t be disappointed. They aren’t sweet like your typical cookie and they feel “clean” to eat. Very enjoyable! This one is a definite keeper!
Nutritional Information (Per cookie)
Please note – my nutritional information ran a bit higher than Erin’s. I believe this is because I used slightly different products. Still close enough!
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 3 grams
- Sodium: 98
- Carb: 10 grams
- Fib: 2 grams
- Sugar: 0.7 grams
- Protein: 9 grams