I was craving something sweet yesterday afternoon so I decided to do some searching online for Primal desserts. I came across this recipe and decided to give it a try. Mine don’t look as pretty as the ones on the site but they turned out nice.
My initial impression was that the texture wasn’t quite like a real muffin and the flavor wasn’t very sweet. I think the recipe will take a little tweaking to please my sweet tooth but I can see how others would love them. :) These muffins taste great with butter and make a delicious grab and go for breakfast.
The next time I make a batch I will use riper bananas to give them more flavor. I may also add some all natural honey or pure maple syrup. I like things sweet. ;)
½ cup coconut flour
½ tsp baking soda
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
A few shakes of salt
1/3 cup coconut milk (not light)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 cup (or more) blueberries
Flaked coconut for sprinkling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix coconut flour, baking soda, shredded coconut and salt in a large bowl, set aside.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and add mix in the coconut milk, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Fold in blueberries. Divide into 12 muffins. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.